Well, he was actually 1 month yesterday but close enough. I can't believe that it has been a month since we had Hayden. He has become so intergrated into our lives, it is hard to remember how things were without him. He is just such a perfect little boy (well in our opinion he is) and we love him so much. I sit here and stare at him and am just amazed that we created something so wonderful. He is still growing like a weed and getting so big. I have already packed away his preemie clothes and even some of his newborn clothes. He still has about 5-6 newborn onesies that fit him. He is already in 0-3 month sleepers and the onesies are not far behind. I am estimating that he is getting close to 8 lbs. I was a little concerned about how much he was eating. It just seemed like he was eating too much and I was worried we were over feeding him. I called his pedi's office and talked with a nurse about it and she told me that he is fine. Apparently if we were overfeeding him, he would be spitting up quite a bit with each meal. He hardly ever spits up so this made me feel better. She also said that from 4-6 weeks that babies experience a growth spurt and that their food intake increases. I guess we will see how much he weighs and is eating at his 2 month appointment and go from there.
I am very much enjoing being a stay at home mom right now and really wishing that I could do it forever but that is not possible. i am lucky in that I am not returning to full time work. I have been a teacher for the last 7 years and I will miss it but will love being with my son. At the end of the summer, I am going to find a part-time job in the evenings. This will allow me to stay at home with Hayden during the day and Matt can stay home with him in the evenings while I work. Hopefully it won't be longer than a year before I can stay at home full time. It is funny before I got married and even before we had Hayden, I didn't think the whole "stay at home mom thing" was for me but now I know it is what I want to do. Amazing how this little person changes so much.
Jun 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment