Dec 4, 2008

Update!

First of all, I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It was great for us. We traveled to STL to visit my family this year. It was a lot of fun even though making the trip pregnant was not as cool. We had to stop a lot more, about every hour so I could go to the bathroom and just stretch. Chirstmas should be interesting as I will be farther along by then. We also finally told our extended family about the pregnancy. I have been making a pregnancy scrapbook and brought that down with me. I asked my aunts and cousins if they would like to see my new scrapbook. I didn't tell them what was in it. It was fun to see their reactions when they figrued it out! The only bad part about the trip is that one of my dogs, Pip, decided to injure herself while we were there. On Thanksgiving Day, she decided to go chase a squirrel into the brush and cut her back leg. It wasn't a bad cut but it was right on the joint so it looked a lot worse. She is getting better now as the cut is beginning to heal.

Things with the pregnancy are doing well. I am 14 weeks 1 day. I have my first visit with my peri next Tuesday 12/9. I am excited to be seeing them. I am not sure if we will have an ultrasound or not but it will be good to make sure things are still going good. I have been feeling so much better as well. No more morning sickness or food aversions. I really feel kind of normal. It is weird after feeling so bad. This is common so I think I will enjoy it while I can. I have also not had any spotting for over 2 weeks (knock on wood!!) even with the placenta previa. This has been great as it has made things less stressful for me.

My belly is getting bigger as well. I went maternity clothes shopping with my mom while we were in STL and got some great maternity pants and some shirts. The shirts are still too big for now but the pants I wear every day. They are a little big and slide down a little but soon they will fit me just perfect. When I wear some of my pre-pregnancy shirts, you can definetly see my belly. I just like to look at it sometimes and think about everything I went through to finally get to this point. It still amazes me that I have been blessed enough to have this miracle on the way. Matt and I have been talking about the nursery and have purchased the border we will be putting up. This is Matt's winter project and he will work on it after Christmas time. We are also getting a crib from my brother which is so nice. It was used my my neice and only has a few minor scratches on it. It is better than having to pay for one!! I can't wait for the next steps like registering. We have been to Babies-R-Us and purchased some small things for baby. It felt so good to be able to do that.

I will update again after my appointment next week. Thanks for your continued prayers!!

2 comments:

The Waller Family said...

That is so exciting! I am glad you are feeling better. I think 2nd trimester for most women is great. I felt good too and really enjoyed it. I know what it is like to travel pg. At 6 months we took a babymoon to San Francisco (it was about a 14 hour drive!) Are you going to find out what you are having? Or leave it a surprise?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. And that was such a cute idea --- how you broke the news to your extended relatives. I am sorry hear that you had to deal with off and on bleeding. That must have very scary. Yet, you are so calm. I admire that about you. :)