Oct 22, 2008

2nd Ultrasound


We had our 2nd ultrasound today and things are looking good. By the calendar we are 7 weeks 4 days. By the ultrasound we are 7 weeks 6 days. The baby has really grown. We got a measurement on our heartbeat. It was at 173bpm which is a very solid heart rate. Our u/s tec even turned on the doppler so that we could hear it. It was an amazing sound! The ultrasounds right now are vaginal ultrasounds that use a vaginal ultrasound probe (yes, it is as much fun as it sounds!) :) The u/s tech had to root around a little today to get a good picture of the baby so this afternoon and evening I have had some spotting. The probe has just irritated the cervix so it really isn't a big deal. It is almost gone now so we are not worried. When the tech was trying to get a measurement, she was trying to get the baby to straighten out and they were not cooperating. Typical child!! We go back in 2 weeks on 11/5 for another u/s. I can't wait to get to see the baby again!! In the picture, at the bottom, is the babies head, then the developing body and the feet are up at the very top.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Its so precious!

Anonymous said...

Yay! 8 weeks already! That's so great! Bethany

Anonymous said...

Wow... this is so amazing. I am glad to hear that you are having an uneventful pregnancy. It must have been an amazing feeling hearing the heartbeat for the first time!
Wishing you all the very best!

Anonymous said...

I remember hearing each of my girl's heartbeats for the very first time. It is the moment I really felt pregnant with both of them. Congratulations!