Feb 26, 2009

3 hour Glucose Test

Well, I had my 3 hour glucose test yesterday and let me tell you it was not fun. Drinking a nasty sugar drink and sitting for almost 4 hours in a hospital lab. Good times! I got my results today and they were not good. I failed it and so now I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I will have to have diet changes as well as testing my blood sugars 4 times a day. On Monday afternoon I will have to go to a diabetes class to learn all the things I will need to know. I go back to the dr. on Tuesday morning for another checkup so next week will be a busy time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh... so sorry Jess. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with GD as well. I hope everything turns out ok. BTW, you look so cute in the baby shower snaps!! :)

The Waller Family said...

Keep your chin up. I also had a friend who had GD and everything was fine. She just had to watch what she ate and test herself.