Well we have made it to 34 weeks! About 5 weeks ago we were not sure we would make it this far. Our appointment went well. During the u/s the baby was flipping and moving all over the place. He was just super active which was great to see. Now that I have made 34 weeks, they will not stop me again if I go into active labor. At this point, the baby would be ok if born now. Because of this, my dr. has lifted some of my bedrest restrictions. I am now on Modified bedrest. This means that I can do some small things but I have to still take it easy and not over work myself. Matt and I went to dinner and a movie last night which we have not done since before I went into the hospital. It was nice to be able to get out for a while. We are looking forward to getting to do some things together before the baby arrives.
I am still only a fingertip dilated which is good. My cervix is apparently becoming softer and thinner but that is too be expected. One good thing is that the dr. told me that there is really nothing I can do (within reason) that will cause me to go into labor now. It is up to the baby when he arrives. I could go for 3 more weeks or 3 more days. It is just a matter of time now. We are hoping he decides to wait 2 more weeks before his arrival. I will continue on the Nifedipine (my anti-contraction meds) until 36 weeks and then I will be taken off of them and let "nature take its course." My feeling is that since I still have some contractions and cramps even with the meds that once I am off of them, I won't go much longer after that. However, he may surprise me.
Apr 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Can't wait for his arrival! I'm secretly hoping you have him soon. I wanna hold him!! :)
Post a Comment