May 30, 2009

Hayden has a cold :(

On Tuesday Matt came home from work not feeling well. He thought it was allergies so we just brushed it off. Over night Wed/Thurs. I woke up to feed Hayden and my head was very congested. I take allergy pills every day so I knew it wasn't allergies but a cold. I tried desperatly not to give it to Hayden. I have been washing my hands like crazy and living on hand sanitizer. However last night he started to run a very low fever (99.3) and was fussy. Since it wasn't over 99.5 I just decided to watch it and see. When I checked him thoughout the night he seemed fine. This morning he had a big "booger" on his eye (Matt's term). I cleaned it off but it kept getting gunked up. He was also coughing today and turned his face purple. This worried me a little bit and so I called his pediatrician. Since he is so young they wanted me to bring him in to have a look. It turns out that he has caught the cold. They used saline on his nose (which did not make him happy!) and cleaned it out. They also checked his eye and said he has a mild eye infection. So now he has eye drops that I have to put in for the next week. It takes Matt and I both to do it because obviously he doesn't like it. On top of it all, his umbilical cord fell off this past week but there was still a white thing in his belly button. I showed the dr. and he told me it was still part of the cord. Since it fell off on Tuesday and this piece had not dried up yet, he put silver nitrate on it to dry it up. We can't give him a bath until Monday to give it time to dry and hopefully fall off on its own.

Other than the cold, things are going well. Matt and I are getting used to the sleep deprivation and getting used to having Hayden around. It is an adjustment but we wouldn't have it any other way. I will try and post some new pics of him soon.

No comments: