Sep 15, 2008

Prayers were answered!

Well, I think our prayers were answered. Today I got a call from my RE, after I was at work, saying that the embryos were advancing faster than anticipated and that we had to transfer today rather than tomorrow! We had two perfect embryos that we transfered. They were at Blasto-cyst stage so that is about Day 5. Given that our embies were only Day 4 this was an improvement. Our only downfall was that we had to thaw all of our embies to get these two. So this is our last chance. We are trying to remain hopeful that this cycle will work and it won't be an issue. We transfered 2 embies and so we do have the possiblility of both taking, which would not be a bad thing. If for some reason this cycle does not work, we will take off for a few months and decide what to do next. Right now, we can not afford another IVF cycle and after how hard it was on my body, I don't know if I could do it again. At that point, we may move onto adoption. We will make that decision when and if it happens. Well, that is all for now. My BETA is on Sept. 23rd so a week from Tuesday. Fingers Crossed!!!

No comments: