Well I am still hanging in there which is great! My appointment went well this morning. We had a brief look at the baby, they just checked his heartbeat but it was great to see him squirming and to see that little heart beating away. It was measuring at 150bpm. I asked about a growth check but they are going to wait until my next appointment to do one since I have only been controlling the GD for 2 weeks to give it more of a chance to show a change in the baby. My dr. did scare me a little bit though. He asked me how my sugars were and I said that for the most part I had them under what they needed too be (a few cheats here and there!!). He said that was good because if the baby continued on his current growth rates he would be over 10 pounds!! Yeah don't want that one. Since my sugars are controlled, his growth rate should have slowed some. My dr.'s goal is a 6 1/2 to 7 pound baby which is much more managable for delivery.
We did talk about how long he thought I would go before I went into labor. With my uni-cornate uterus (1/2 of a uterus) I am basically along the same timeline as a normal woman with twins. He said it is "very highly unlikely" that I will make it to my due date and that he would be "very surprised" if I made it past 38 weeks. He gives me about a 50/50 shot at making 37 weeks. He figures most likely he can get me to 36-37 weeks. I would be ok with this as it is very close to full term and he would most likely not require NICU care. I told him my goal was to make 30 weeks and he said I would easily do that and would make 32 weeks as well. I asked about working and he said until I started to dialate, have contractions, or have my cervix go below 2.5cm then I would be ok to continue working. It looks like I will not make the end of the school year but I will be close. I am hoping to make it through April and only be out for the 3 weeks in May. Fingers crossed there!
He did check my cervix and I am at 3.05cm. This is down from 2 weeks ago when i was at 3.5cm. However my dr. was not concerned and said at 28 weeks gestation to still be over 3cm was great. I go back on April 3rd (just over 2 weeks) for another appointment. I am excited for several reasons. This is the day before my baby shower and my mom is coming with Matt and I to the appointment. She is flying in that day for the shower and so she will get a chance to see the ultrasound. She is very excited about it so it will be fun to have her there.
Mar 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment