Mar 22, 2009
hospital day 2
Well, I am still here writing to you all from the hopsital bed. I had hopes of going home today but last night that changed. They hooked me up for an NST about 7:30 and when the nurse came back around 8 she asked me if I was in any pain. I said no and she told me I was contracting every 2-6 minutes. So they started me on Magnesium Sulfate to stop the contractions. Within an hour they had stopped. So I am here again today. I am still on the mag and will be today and tonight. Tomorow they are going to do another cervical check to see if the contractions I was having changed my cervix at all. They are also going to do the fFN tomorrow instead of today. Depending on the results of those two tests will help determine if I go home. They are also going to take me off of the mag tomorrow and observe me for a few hours to see if I start to contract again or not. So I am just playing it day to day right now. I got the 1st steriod shot for his lungs last night and will be getting the 2nd one tonight. I hope that he stays in long enough that it doesn't matter but it makes me feel better to know that if he does come early we are giving him the best chance we can. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I appriciate them very much. I will update again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Jess... I can't even imagine how scared you must be!! But I am glad that the docs are monitoring you and the steroids will make sure your boy will be fine if he decides to come out. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your little guy! ((HUGS))
Post a Comment