Jun 16, 2008

Mostly good news but a potential problem...

Well, my appointment this morning was interesting to say the least. I go and have my blood drawn, no problem there. The girl who did it was much better than over the weekend. So I go and get ready for my ultrasound. Now, my dr's office was pretty busy and so in the door walks a lady who is not my doctor. I don't know who she was, I don't think she was a nurse but that is not really important. She starts my vaginal ultrasound and is having trouble seeing my ovary. Now it is pretty high up, just off of my pelvic bone, so they usually have to push on my stomach to get it down enough to see it really clearly. So she pushes but not very hard and complains that my abdomen is "too hard". So she decides to do an external ultrasound to see it instead. She finds it and the ovary has lots of follicles on it. I asked her how many and she said "a lot". I was trying to count all the circles myself and I counted like 9 or 10 but I am no expert. So we finish the ultrasound I get dressed and go out of the room. My dr. is there talking with the ultrasound lady. She is telling her how she had trouble seeing the ovary vaginally but how there are lots of follicles. My dr. was a little concerned that maybe the ovary is not dropping enough for ER. Since it is so high, it has to drop down some for ER or else they can't reach it. But she thinks also that maybe I was just too tense during the ultrasound and that is why my abdomen is so hard. So she gives me a perscription for Valium to take for my next ultrasound so that way they can see for sure if the ovary is low enough without my tension being a part of it.

So I get a call about 11:30 with my bloodwork results. They are dropping me down from 225iui to 150iui today and tomorrow, plus I have to do the Ganarelix shots tonight and tomorrow as well. Then I take my Valium at 7am on Wednesday with my ultrasound scheduled for 8am. Needless to say, DH is driving me to and from this appointment since I won't be able to drive myself. If the ovary looks good, then I think they are planning trigger for either Wednesday or Thrusday with ER Friday or Saturday. I am pretty sure that the ovary is going to drop down due to the amount of follicles and eggs on it. Also it started pushing into my hip bone yesterday causing me hip pain. The ovary can't go up any more so I think it has no choice but to go down. The stims are going to keep it growing over the next 2 days to lets hope it grows and drops enough. However, we won't know for sure until Wednesday. The absolute worse case senario is that they would have to cancel the cycle but I hope that does not happen. So any prayers for that would be appriciated. Other than that small glitch everything looks like it is going good. Another update to come on Wednesday.

No comments: