Jun 18, 2008
We are moving forward with ER!
OMG! I am so relieved! I went to my appointment this morning doped up on Valium. (It made me feel like I was drunk!) There were 3 people in there for my ultrasound, my doctor, a nurse, and an intern. THe doctor did the ultrasound and the nurse and the male intern pushed on my abdomen to push my ovary down. She said, she could access it for retrieval! YAY!! SHe told me I had a lot of great looking follicles. The only thing that is a kind of a bummer but not really is that she may not be able to retrive all the eggs. Since my ovary is higher, then can only push it down so far and the eggs on the top of the ovary she may not be able to reach. That is ok with me, if she get 3/4 of them I will be happy. SHe also said that I am going to be more uncomfortable than most people after ER because of where my ovary sits. I will probably have to spend a couple of hours at the hospital to make sure that I am not developing an infection (another abnormal thing again because of my ovary placement.) I am ok with staying for a while because if it helps keep me from getting infected than so be it. She also said that they are going to do ICSI because of my PCOS that the shells of the eggs are going to be really hard for the sperm to penetrate. She did inform me that with a partial uni-cornate uterus that my miscarriage rate is 40% but I try to look at the bright side that 60% don't miscarry! Well, let the new worries begin. Thanks so much for all the prayers and good thoughts. Keep them coming. My trigger shot is at 11pm tonight and ER is set for 8am on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment