
Wow, it has really been since Monday that I posted. If you know how this week has been for me you would know why. I had my transfer on Monday, everything went perfect. Tuesday morning I was on bedrest, came off of it around lunch time and that is when things started to go downhill bigtime! I ended up sick with a nasty stomach virus. I could not keep ANYTHING in my stomach, not even water, without vomiting. This was all day Tuesday. Come Wednesday, I was able to keep down liquids but still not food, made me vomit some more. By Thursday, I was slowly on the mend, still feeling nausia but not vomiting thankfully. Friday and Saturday were much better and I am slowly feeling back to myself. Now I have this cough and keep running a low grade fever (99.5 or so) so I think it is still this virus. Now, you may be asking, what about the embryo? Well, when I got sick on Tuesday, I called the RE's office and they told me to keep as much fluids as possible in me and watch my temp. As long as it stayed under 101, then the embryo would be fine. She also said that it would not have any effect on implantation either, so good news on both accounts. Thankfully, Tyelnol is one of the "approved" meds I can take so that has helped with the low grade fever. If I could get rid of this cough, things would be good.
I am still doing progesterone shots. This helps keep your progesterone levels extra high to help you to sustain a pregnancy better. These literally are a pain in the butt! They use a bigger needle and dang it, they hurt! However, if it helps, that is all that matters. The downfall to progesterone, is that it makes you extremely bloated! I only have a couple of pairs of shorts that fit right now. The sad part, is that the shorts that are not fitting right now, were big on me before we started this whole process so that is kind of depressing. Matt told me, I just have to get used to it. I have my BETA on Thursday. (this is my pregnancy test). I am nervous about it. We have a good chance of this working (60-70%) so I am trying to be hopeful but there is always that nagging in the back of your mind that this may not work. However, we still have quite a few embryo's left in cryofreeze, so we can try again. We currently have 6 in the freeze now and I should find out this week how many of the remaining 9, survived to freeze. My RE had told me that they were mostly very good quality and that most of them should make it, so I am hoping for at least 10 frozen embies total. Once I know, I will let you all know how many we have left. We did get a picture of our 10 embryo's the day of transfer. It is pretty interesting too see. Of course, this is a picture of the embryo's. We implanted the first one, in the first row. Pretty neat huh!
Well, thanks for being patient with the delay and I hope to report good news later this week.


2 comments:
so beautiful. GL sweetie.
Hey Jessica-
Good to know that things are going as planned. Good luck tomorrow with the test!!!! We are praying for you. Amy
Post a Comment